Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Birthday, Baby...Emma?


Just want to give some public love to my youngest daughter, Emma, who turned four today. I want to thank her for waking up at 3:00 this morning to make sure we put decorations up; I want to thank her for waking up at 5:00 to inform me that I did not put a birthday card on her present that was sitting on the kitchen table; and I want to thank her for being blessed to be a blessing. Thanks for unveiling in me emotions I never thought I had (for example, turning the TV off in the middle of the Canucks' shootout the other night), for loving me unconditionally when I give you what you want (I admit, she has me right where she wants me), and for all the joy and love and laughter and noise you contribute to this family.

Happy Birthday, Emma!

No comments: