Thursday, December 22, 2011

Picture of the Year

I am trying to compile my favorite 10 pictures of the year and hope to have that done by next week. But as I thought about that list, I knew immediately my favorite sequence.

Each fall we walk through various fish hatcheries; seeing spawning salmon upclose is one of our families favorite annual traditions. Watching large salmon swim upstream is something that never ceases to amaze us and it is something we never tire of. I just happened to capture our youngest daughter seeing salmon for the first time this year, and as she is quite young maybe the first time that she realized what she was looking at. These pictures are walking through Semiahmoo Fish Hatchery and me capturing her seeing her first salmon of the year.

She may never forget that moment, and neither will I.





No comments: