Friday, October 17, 2014

Psalm 23 by Calvin Seerveld

The Lord God is my shepherd too. I lack nothing.
In quiet spots of soft green grass the Lord lets me settle down in peace.
My shepherd leads me out to flowing waters giving rest.
The Lord bring me back to myself.
The Lord leads me in the tracks of doing what is right for the sake of God's holy name.

Even if I have to walk through the Valley of the shadows of Death,
I will fear no evil because you are with me.
Your shepherd crook and your strong club reassure me.
You set a table for me with a meal right in front of my enemies!
You annoint my head copiously with oil.
My drinking cup is overflowing!

It's true!
Your covenantal mercy and what's creaturely good shall follow me up
all the days of my life,
and someday I shall dwell in the house of the Lord God
for as long as there are days...

No comments: